Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Mrs. Eleanor Roosevelt visits with Mrs. L. B. Pate and Mrs. Gilbert English
Community and Extension
Home demonstration work
Presidents' spouses -- United States
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Mrs. Eleanor Roosevelt visits with Mrs. L. B. Pate, New Bern, state citizenship chairman, and Mrs. Gilbert English, Trinity, state international [relations committee] chairman at the third annual Conference on World Affairs, held in Chapel Hill, February 4, 1953. Eleanor Roosevelt attended the third annual Conference on World Affairs, February 4, 1953, where the theme was "The United Nations: Our Best Instrument for World Understanding." Over 100 home demonstration club women, agents, and leaders from all over the state came to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus to participate in the conference and hear Mrs. Roosevelt speak.
more info on Roosevelt, Eleanor, 1884-1962
Conference on World Affairs more info on Conference on World Affairs (U.S.)
Pate, L. P. more info on Pate, L. P.
North Carolina Agricultural Extension Service more info on North Carolina Agricultural Extension Service
Chapel Hill (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
Green 'N' Growing
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Home Demonstration Work (UA023.009) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.