- Spinning laboratory in Tompkins Hall, producing woolen yarn
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Spinning of woolen yarn -- part of the laboratory for processing all types of staple fibers, natural and synthetic. Interior view of spinning laboratory in Tompkins Hall, North Carolina State College School of Textiles, showing man operating spinner.
North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
more info on North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
North Carolina State University -- Equipment and supplies more info on North Carolina State University -- Equipment and supplies
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- College of Textiles. Laboratories (UA023.017.023) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Daniel Augustus Tompkins Hall -- Textile Building (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949 more info on Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949
- Tompkins, Daniel Augustus, 1851-1914 more info on Tompkins, Daniel Augustus, 1851-1914
- Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960 more info on Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960
- NCSU Campus
- General note:
- Tompkins Hall is named for Daniel Augustus Tompkins, who pushed for the College of Textiles and designed the building that now holds his name. The original hall was built in 1901, but destroyed by fire in 1914. It was rebuilt the same year.
Buildings -- Additions
Buildings -- Repair and reconstruction
Towers (Building divisions)
Universities and colleges
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.786701, -78.665199