Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Winter view of quonset huts used for temporary classrooms after World War II
Campus and Town
World War, 1939-1945
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 in.
- Item identifier:
- North Carolina State College. Office of Information Services more info on North Carolina State College. Office of Information Services
- Created Date:
- On the left, Quonset huts set up for WWII wartime military training classrooms. Barracks are on the right, where WWII wartime trainees were housed. By 1948, these WWII buildings were used by faculty and students of the new School of Design. These are located between Peele Hall and 1911 Building (in the background).
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State University -- Facilities more info on North Carolina State University -- Facilities
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Campus facilities and views (UA023.005) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)