Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- University Plaza, the Brickyard and D. H. Hill Library
Campus and Town
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 10 x 8 in.
- Item identifier:
- North Carolina State University. Visual Aids Department more info on North Carolina State University. Visual Aids Department
- Created Date:
- View from southwest showing University Plaza (the Brickyard) and D. H. Hill Library's eleven-story bookstack tower, completed in 1971.
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State University. Libraries more info on North Carolina State University. Libraries
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Campus facilities and views (UA023.005) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
Building: North Carolina State University, D. H. Hill, Jr. Library (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.) more info on Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- 4700 Hillsborough Street
- NC State University
- Historical note:
- D. H. Hill Library is named for Daniel Harvey Hill, Jr. (1859-1924), an English professor at North Carolina State University and one of the college’s first five faculty members. He was president of the University from 1908-1916. The Library was built in four stages, the east wing first in 1953, the Erdahl-Cloyd Student Union or west wing second in 1954, the old book stack tower third in 1971, and the new book stack tower fourth in 1990. In 2007, a major renovation of the east wing of the library was completed. D. H. Hill Library is the main library of the NCSU Libraries system, which is composed of five library facilities.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.787601, -78.669998