Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Alumni Memorial Building, North Carolina State College
Campus and Town
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 10 x 8 in.
- Item identifier:
- North Carolina State College. Visual Aids Department more info on North Carolina State College. Visual Aids Department
- Created Date:
- View of Alumni Memorial Building showing neoclassical façade characterized by Corinthian columns and white portico. Formerly the campus infirmary, the building was remodeled with funding from alumnus Richard Reynolds, son of R.J. Reynolds. It honors North Carolina State alumni who died in World War II, Korea, and Vietnam.
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Campus facilities and views (UA023.005) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Arthur Winslow Hall -- Alumni Memorial Building (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- NCSU Campus
- NC State University
- Historical note:
- Winslow Hall was built in 1897 and served as infirmary until its renovation in 1959 when it was renamed Alumni Memorial Building to honor more than 300 alumni who died in World War II and the Korean War. In 2006, the building was renamed Winslow Hall after the Dorothy and Roy Park Alumni Center on Centennial Campus opened. Arthur Winslow was one of the original members of the Watauga Club who successfully petitioned the North Carolina legislature in 1885 to charter the school that would become North Carolina State University.
Alumni and alumnae
State universities and colleges -- North Carolina
Universities and colleges