pan/zoom page 1 of 2
- "A Mechanical Harvesting and Handling System for Tobacco," by William E. Splinter and Charles W. Suggs, 1968
Tobacco -- Harvesting
- Item identifier:
- Splinter, William E. more info on Splinter, William E., 1925-
- Suggs, Charles W. more info on Suggs, Charles W.
- Coverage Date:
- This folder contains an article titled "A Mechanical Harvesting and Handling System for Tobacco," written by William E. Splinter and Charles W. Suggs and reprinted from the journal Agricultural Engineering. It presents how to develop a successful system to harvest and process tobacco. The article includes diagrams, charts, photographs, and tables to support its findings.
Drawings (Visual works)
Charts (Graphic documents)
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- North Carolina State University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering Records, 1928-2008 (UA100.014) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Bulk Curing Simplifies Tobacco Mechanization, Paper No. 59-311, 1959
Series 2, Box 28, Folder 5
- "Electricity in the Production and Curing of Tobacco" prepared by John W. Weaver, 1946
Series 2, Box 28, Folder 8
- "Heat and Air Requirements for Tobacco Curing," 1946
Series 2, Box 28, Folder 9
- "A Mechanical Harvesting and Handling System for Tobacco," by William E. Splinter and Charles W. Suggs, 1968, Series 2, Box 28, Folder 10 (Current Folder)
- "The Clip-Oil for Controlling Tobacco Suckers" (Agricultural Experiment Station Information Series No.3) by Robert W. Wilson
Series 2, Box 28, Folder 13
- The Effects of Curing Treatment on Some Physical Properties of Peanuts (Agricultural Engineering Information Circular No. 16) by James W. Dickens and E. O. Beasley, 1963
Series 2, Box 28, Folder 15
- "Tobacco Curing Tests Using LP Gas and No.2 Fuel Oil" (Information Circular No. 17) by Rupert W. Watkins and W. D. Toussaint, 1965
Series 2, Box 28, Folder 22