NCSU Libraries

Program, Men's basketball, North Carolina State versus Davidson, 6 December 1952

Reynolds, William Neal Coliseum

Item information

Title:
Program, Men's basketball, North Carolina State versus Davidson, 6 December 1952
Topics:
Sports
Subjects:
Basketball
Basketball players
Basketball teams
Original Format:
Archival collection; [12] p. : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
Item identifier:
ua015_010-004-bx0041-003-003
Other Date:
Genre:
Programs (Documents)
Names:

Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Digital Project:
Athletics Media

Building:

Street:
2701 Sullivan Drive
Community:
Raleigh
State:
North Carolina
Zip:
27606
General note:
Completed in 1949, the building with seating for 14,000 people is named after William Neal Reynolds, president of the R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company founded by his brother. Construction of Reynolds Coliseum was originally proposed by David Clark after 5,000 people from all over North Carolina were rained out of a Farmers' Week meeting in 1940. The coliseum was home to the basketball team for nearly 50 years, including two NCAA champion teams. Reynolds Coliseum also provides a venue for large university and city events. Today it houses several NC State athletic teams, as well as NC State's ROTC units. The men’s basketball team moved to the RBC Center in 2000.
Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Subjects:
Sports facilities
Latitude, Longitude:
35.783501, -78.669899