NCSU Libraries

Program, Men's basketball, North Carolina State versus Wake Forest, 11 February 1950

Reynolds, William Neal Coliseum

Item information

Title:
Program, Men's basketball, North Carolina State versus Wake Forest, 11 February 1950
Topics:
Sports
Subjects:
Basketball
Basketball teams
Original Format:
Archival collection; [4] p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Item identifier:
ua015_010-004-bx0039-005-011
Other Date:
Genre:
Programs (Documents)
Names:

Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Digital Project:
Athletics Media

Building:

Street:
2701 Sullivan Drive
Community:
Raleigh
State:
North Carolina
Zip:
27606
General note:
Completed in 1949, the building with seating for 14,000 people is named after William Neal Reynolds, president of the R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company founded by his brother. Construction of Reynolds Coliseum was originally proposed by David Clark after 5,000 people from all over North Carolina were rained out of a Farmers' Week meeting in 1940. The coliseum was home to the basketball team for nearly 50 years, including two NCAA champion teams. Reynolds Coliseum also provides a venue for large university and city events. Today it houses several NC State athletic teams, as well as NC State's ROTC units. The men’s basketball team moved to the RBC Center in 2000.
Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Subjects:
Sports facilities
Latitude, Longitude:
35.783501, -78.669899

Pages

Wake Forest College vs. North Carolina State College : William Neal Reynolds Coliseum, North Carolina State College, Raleigh, N.C., February 11, 1950

ua015_010-004-bx0039-005-011_0001

ua015_010-004-bx0039-005-011_0002 ua015_010-004-bx0039-005-011_0003