- Lobby floor ornament
Detail drawings (Drawings)
- Original Format:
- Tracings; 820mm x 920mm
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Design and construction documents
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Northup & O'Brien Architectural Records, 1917-1980 (MC00240) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 337 South Salisbury Street
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The building was built for the Durham Life Insurance Co. of Raleigh.
- Architectural note:
- This Art Deco skyscraper features an exterior of limestone, and the lobby features pink marble, polished brass, and mirrors.
- Historical note:
- This building was one of the first in the nation to make use of Willis Carrier's air conditioning system specifically designed for tall buildings, the Conduit Weathermaster System.
Art deco (Architecture)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.7757645048, -78.6403298377