pan/zoom page 1 of 143
- Instrumentation Correspondence (2 of 2), 1954-1968
Agriculture -- Research
Scientific apparatus and instruments
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- circa to
- This record contains correspondence between Professor William E. Splinter and the representatives of various technical instrument manufacturers. These letters discuss the way in which Splinter and his department used equipment to measure the continuous growth of tobacco plants and to quantify the spectral distribution and spectral energy density of light under natural conditions and in growth chambers. These documents also include instrument brochures with charts and diagrams, undated price quotations, invoices and packing lists, and correspondence from other universities, government agencies and research institutions that were interested in Splinter's work.
Leeds and Northrup Company
more info on Leeds and Northrup Company
Bristol Company more info on Bristol Company
General Electric Company more info on General Electric Company
North Carolina State University. Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering more info on North Carolina State University. Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
North Carolina State College. Department of Agricultural Engineering more info on North Carolina State College. Department of Agricultural Engineering
United States. Department of Agriculture more info on United States. Department of Agriculture
Splinter, William E. more info on Splinter, William E., 1925-
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- William E. Splinter Papers (MC00091) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Fertilizer Placement, 1952-1960
Series 1, Box 3, Folder 10
- Instrumentation Correspondence (1 of 2), 1954-1968
Series 1, Box 3, Folder 12
- Instrumentation Correspondence (2 of 2), 1954-1968, Series 1, Box 3, Folder 13 (Current Folder)