pan/zoom page 1 of 92
- E. I. Dupont, 1968-1973
Agriculture -- Research
Tobacco -- Research
Scientific apparatus and instruments
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- circa to
- This record contains research notes, technical reports, and correspondence regarding the various methods of freeze-drying both food and tobacco, with emphasis placed on the use of Freon in this process. Much of the correspondence is between Professor William H. Johnson and representatives of DuPont’s Freon products Division and largely pertains to the freeze-drying research being done at North Carolina State University. This folder also contains presentation papers about the freeze-drying process and its application to commercial food production, as well as brochures about the properties and safety aspects of Freon.
North Carolina State University. Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
more info on North Carolina State University. Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
Johnson, William H. more info on Johnson, William H.
E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company more info on E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company
Daly, John J., Jr. more info on Daly, John J., Jr.
Liggett & Myers Tobacco Company more info on Liggett & Myers Tobacco Company
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- William H. Johnson Papers, 1941-2005 (Bulk, 1956-1983) (MC00062) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Correspondence related to freeze-dry process, 1969-1976
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 2
- Correspondence related to freeze-dry process, 1969
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 3
- Close-grown tobacco correspondence with Hugh Hardison of Export Leaf Tobacco Company, 1976-1978
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 4
- General Cigar Company correspondence, 1969-1971
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 5
- FMC Corporation correspondence, 1970-1972
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 6
- Liggett & Myers Tobacco Company, 1970
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 7
- E. I. Dupont, 1968-1973, Series 7, Box 39, Folder 8 (Current Folder)
- Monsanto, 1976-1980
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 9
- John Tate - Lipton Tea, 1978
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 10
- Peter J. Schweitzer Co., 1975-1979
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 11