pan/zoom page 1 of 58
- FMC Corporation correspondence, 1970-1972
Tobacco use -- Health aspects
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- These files contain correspondence, shipping receipts, research notes, and a project report concerning the study of turgor-conditioned and freeze-dried tobacco in experiments conducted by the Engineered Systems Division of FMC Corporation's Freeze-Dry Department and the National Institutes of Health's National Cancer Institution. The research was conducted to find if alternative methods of processing tobacco products could reduce their cancer-causing agents. Correspondents include Dr. W. H. Johnson and W. B. Gum.
Charts (Graphic documents)
Johnson, William H.
more info on Johnson, William H.
Gum, W. B. more info on Gum, W. B. (William B.)
National Cancer Institute more info on National Cancer Institute (U.S.)
FMC Corporation more info on FMC Corporation
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- William H. Johnson Papers, 1941-2005 (Bulk, 1956-1983) (MC00062) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Correspondence related to freeze-dry process, 1969-1976
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 2
- Correspondence related to freeze-dry process, 1969
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 3
- Close-grown tobacco correspondence with Hugh Hardison of Export Leaf Tobacco Company, 1976-1978
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 4
- General Cigar Company correspondence, 1969-1971
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 5
- FMC Corporation correspondence, 1970-1972, Series 7, Box 39, Folder 6 (Current Folder)
- Liggett & Myers Tobacco Company, 1970
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 7
- E. I. Dupont, 1968-1973
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 8
- Monsanto, 1976-1980
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 9
- John Tate - Lipton Tea, 1978
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 10
- Peter J. Schweitzer Co., 1975-1979
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 11