Additional functionality available on larger screens. This is a multi-page resource.
- General Cigar Company correspondence, 1969-1971
Tobacco -- Research
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- This collection of materials includes the correspondence and research notes involving Alfred M. Gottscho's General Cigar Company, Inc. and W. H. Johnson's tobacco research. Most of the materials involve General Cigar Company, Inc.'s desire to create better filler for their cigars through different methods of processing tobacco leaves, most notably through freeze-drying.
General Cigar Company
more info on General Cigar Company (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Johnson, William H. more info on Johnson, William H.
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- William H. Johnson Papers, 1941-2005 (Bulk, 1956-1983) (MC00062) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Correspondence related to freeze-dry process, 1969-1976
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 2
- Correspondence related to freeze-dry process, 1969
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 3
- Close-grown tobacco correspondence with Hugh Hardison of Export Leaf Tobacco Company, 1976-1978
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 4
- General Cigar Company correspondence, 1969-1971, Series 7, Box 39, Folder 5 (Current Folder)
- FMC Corporation correspondence, 1970-1972
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 6
- Liggett & Myers Tobacco Company, 1970
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 7
- E. I. Dupont, 1968-1973
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 8
- Monsanto, 1976-1980
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 9
- John Tate - Lipton Tea, 1978
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 10
- Peter J. Schweitzer Co., 1975-1979
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 11