pan/zoom page 1 of 86
- Correspondence related to freeze-dry process, 1969-1976
Agriculture -- Research
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- This record contains correspondence between Professor William H. Johnson and various tobacco companies and research institutions regarding a method of freeze-drying tobacco which Johnson developed. Many of these letters refer to Johnson’s research and make requests for copies of his work, namely the presentation papers “Freeze-Drying Process for Tobacco: Research Developments and Projections,” which was presented at the Tobacco Chemists’ Research Conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1969, and “New Processing Methods in the Premanufacturing of Tobacco” which Johnson presented at the International Scientific Tobacco Congress in Hamburg, Germany in 1970. The record also contains correspondence regarding patents, as well as a pamphlet and article discussing the freeze-drying process.
Johnson, William H.
more info on Johnson, William H.
International Scientific Tobacco Congress more info on International Scientific Tobacco Congress
Tobacco Chemists’ Research Conference more info on Tobacco Chemists’ Research Conference
Philip Morris more info on Philip Morris USA
North Carolina State University. Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering more info on North Carolina State University. Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- William H. Johnson Papers, 1941-2005 (Bulk, 1956-1983) (MC00062) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Correspondence related to freeze-dry process, 1969-1976, Series 7, Box 39, Folder 2 (Current Folder)
- Correspondence related to freeze-dry process, 1969
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 3
- Close-grown tobacco correspondence with Hugh Hardison of Export Leaf Tobacco Company, 1976-1978
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 4
- General Cigar Company correspondence, 1969-1971
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 5
- FMC Corporation correspondence, 1970-1972
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 6
- Liggett & Myers Tobacco Company, 1970
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 7
- E. I. Dupont, 1968-1973
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 8
- Monsanto, 1976-1980
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 9
- John Tate - Lipton Tea, 1978
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 10
- Peter J. Schweitzer Co., 1975-1979
Series 7, Box 39, Folder 11