pan/zoom page 1 of 71
- Leaf area versus stalk diameter studies, 1960-1962
Tobacco -- Research
Plants -- Measurement
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- This folder contains office records and research notes related to studies on determining the relationship between total tobacco leaf area and stalk diameter at the base of the plant. The initiative was to "determine the effects of fertilizer level, plant population, and topping height upon this relationship," and how plant varieties effect these elements. The records include field notes, spreadsheet tables filled with data, graphs, and reports on the project's outcome.
Charts (Graphic documents)
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Charles W. Suggs Papers, 1914 - 1995 (mc00033) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Plant impact tests, 1960-1961
Series 2, Oversizebox 43, Folder 1
- Leaf area studies, 1957-1959
Series 2, Oversizebox 43, Folder 2
- Leaf area versus stalk diameter studies, 1960-1962, Series 2, Oversizebox 43, Folder 3 (Current Folder)
- Studies on leaf temperature and plant size variance, 1960
Series 2, Oversizebox 43, Folder 4
- Leaf space studies, 1959
Series 2, Oversizebox 43, Folder 5
- Study on date of planting, 1960-1962
Series 2, Oversizebox 43, Folder 6
- Study on date of planting, 1960
Series 2, Oversizebox 43, Folder 7
- Leaf thickness study, 1959
Series 2, Oversizebox 43, Folder 8