- Centennial Campus, Research Building IV
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Item identifier:
- Funkhouser, Edward T. more info on Funkhouser, Edward T. (Edward Truman), 1946-
- Created Date:
- Centennial Campus, named in honor of the school's centennial in 1987, was originally composed of 355 acres south across Western Boulevard that Governor James B. Hunt offered to the University in 1984. The campus has continued to expand to its present 1,000 acres and 25 buildings over the past two decades. According to its website (http://centennial.ncsu.edu/overview/index.html), "Centennial Campus is North Carolina State University's vision of the future. This 'technopolis' consists of multi-disciplinary R&D neighborhoods, with university, corporate, and government facilities intertwined. A middle school, residential housing, executive conference center and hotel, golf course, town center and recreational amenities will weave the campus into a true interactive community."
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Edward T. Funkhouser Photographs, 2001-2008 (MC00336) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions about copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).