Jordan Hall, built in 1989, is named for the R. B. Jordan, Jr. family. R. B. Jordan, Jr. (1908-1978) developed the Jordan Lumber company in Mt. Gilead and sent all his children to NC State. R. B. Jordan, III. Graduated from the forestry program in 1954 and later served in a number of political offices for the state. He helped to established the Natural Resources Research Center, which is now Jordan Hall. Jack Jordan, who graduated in 1963, was on the NC State Board of Trustees and later a member of the UNC Board of Governors. Genie Jordan Ussery of the class of 1975 helped to develop the women's sports program at NC State and was the first captain of the NC State women's basketball team.