- St. Mark's Chapel, Mordecai House and Grounds, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Color slides; 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Nichols, William, circa 1777-1853 more info on Nichols, William, circa 1777-1853
- Created Date:
- Provenance: Henry Lane, first owner; Moses and Nancy Lane Mordecai, second owner | The property contains original outbuildings as well as other small nineteenth century frame buildings that have been moved in. | Historical Note: The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Mordecai House (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Henry Lane, first owner; Moses and Nancy Lane Mordecai, second owner.
- Architectural note:
- In 1826, the two-story south section was added by Nichols. The home provides one of the state's earliest examples of Greek Revival woodwork. The property contains original outbuildings as well as other small nineteenth century frame buildings that have been moved in.
- Historical note:
- The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
Greek revival (Architecture)