NCSU Libraries

Cross section, Yates Mill, Wake County, North Carolina

Yates Mill Log Cabin (Raleigh, N.C.)

Item information

Title:
Cross section, Yates Mill, Wake County, North Carolina
Topics:
Architecture
Subjects:
Flour mills
Cross sections
Original Format:
Measured drawings; scale: 1/4 in. = 1 ft.; 458mm x 610mm
Item identifier:
bh002410301
Delineator:
Delineator:
Created Date:
Description:
10 of 12 (10 of 12) | Drawing Note: The folder contains eleven blue line prints, with number one of twelve missing. The prints are accompanied by an original drawing, numbered six of eight, with the other seven drawings missing. | Provenance: Samuel Pearson, first owner; Simon Pearson, second owner; William Boylan (businessman, director of State Bank, newspaper publisher), third owner | Architectural Note: The mill contains several generations of construction from the early nineteenth century onward, replacing a late eighteenth century mill probably destroyed in flooding in the early 1800s. | Historical Note: The site first began operating as a mill in 1761. The mill is the only survivor of several eighteenth century mills around Raleigh, and has been restored. The site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Genre:
Architectural drawings
Location:
Wake County (N.C.)
Digital Project:
Built Heritage

Source information

Repository:
Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
Collection:
Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by
Note field:
Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
Rights:
For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Funding:
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.

Building:

Delineator:
Street:
4640 Lake Wheeler Road
Community:
Raleigh
State:
North Carolina
Zip:
27603
Provenance note:
Samuel Pearson, first owner; Simon Pearson, second owner; William Boylan (businessman, director of State Bank, newspaper publisher), third owner
Architectural note:
The mill contains several generations of construction from the early nineteenth century onward, replacing a late eighteenth century mill probably destroyed in flooding in the early 1800s.
Historical note:
The site first began operating as a mill in 1761. The mill is the only survivor of several eighteenth century mills around Raleigh, and has been restored. The site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Subjects:
Mills and mill-work
Flour mills
Latitude, Longitude:
35.718516, -78.686272