- View, Elmswood, Washington, Beaufort County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Strother, David more info on Strother, David
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 731 W. Main Street
- Architectural note:
- The house, built in the early 19th century as a Federal style dwelling, and was remodeled and expanded in 1860 in Italianate style by Post, as noted by Bunnell's diary. It later received Colonial Revival style features.
- General note:
- This house is also known as the James Grist House.
Housing, Single family
Decoration and ornament -- Federal style
Colonial revival (Architecture)
Italianate (North American architecture styles)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.546043, -77.063997