- 1987 Graduation Valedictorians
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- On the back of the photograph: "Seven students with perfect 4.0 grade point averages shared valedictory honors at NCSU's 100th Commencement May 6, 1989 at Reynolds Coliseum. Left to Right are valedictorians C. Allen Morse of Asheville and Leigh Anne Young of Raleigh, Chancellor Bruce R. Poulton, and Valedictorians Amy K. Stout of Sanford, Leslie G. Wehe of Raleigh, and Jeffrey G. Crater of Tryon. Not available for the photograph were valedictorians Kelly L. Berkstresser of Raleigh and Laura J. Kerrigan of Randolph, NJ an honorary Doctor of Science was presented to Gertrude B. Elion a Burroughs Wellcome Co. researcher who won the 1988 Nobel Prize in Medicine and Physiology. Gov. James G. Martin presented the commencement address. The event brought the total number of degrees awarded at NCSU since it's founding in in 1887 to 101,096."
Poulton, Bruce R. (Bruce Robert)
more info on Poulton, Bruce R. (Bruce Robert)
North Carolina State University -- Administration more info on North Carolina State University -- Administration
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Student life. Graduation ceremonies (UA023.025.072) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).