- Man protesting University of North Carolina, Raleigh name change
Universities and colleges
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- In 1963, a name change from North Carolina State College to University of North Carolina, Raleigh was debated. However, the name change was defeated because alumni and students argued it made the school sound as a subsidiary of the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. The name was instead changed to North Carolina State of the University of North Carolina at Raleigh. North Carolina State University at Raleigh, the current name, was established in 1965.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
University of North Carolina (System) -- Administration more info on University of North Carolina (System) -- Administration
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Student movements and demonstrations (UA023.025.073) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).