- Absenia Johnson and Aron Johnson, 4-H Corn Club members of the Dawson 4-H Club in Scotland Neck, North Carolina examine their corn. The two brothers produced 80 bushels of corn an an acre of ground, November 8, 1939
African American farmers
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 15 x 9 cm
- Item identifier:
- Jones, R. E. more info on Jones, R. E. (Robert Earle)
- Created Date:
- Two boys in a corn field with the corn they grew. Left to right: Absenia Johnson, Aron Johnson
Halifax County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
Living Off the Land
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- 4-H projects and demonstrations. Plants (UA023.008.070) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this material was made possible, in part, through the support of the North Carolina Farm Bureau, the North Carolina Tobacco Foundation, and the North Carolina Tobacco Research Commission.