- Big Savannah in mid-summer with fire sprouts of Sweet Bay
Orange grass (Campulosus aromaticus)
- Original Format:
- Lantern slide; Black-and-white slides; 3.25 x 4 in.
- Item identifier:
- Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884- more info on Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884-
- Created Date:
- Big Savannah in mid-summer with fire sprouts of Sweet Bay. Arundinaria cane; Pinus in background; From Natural Gardens (page 99): "[C]an successfully imitate the perennial herbs by partially burying their stems, to make possible survival. In the summer the numerous shoots arising from the ground make them appear as shrubs, but few observers would ever imagine these 'shrubs' to be trees fifty, eighty, or a hundred years old."
Big Savannah (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
B. W. Wells
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- B.W. Wells lantern slides (UA023.039) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).