Work by students in north carolina state college's famed School of Design was on display for Chamber of Commerce representatives in the Brooks Hall gallery. Models by landscape architecture students were placed high on the wall so that spectators, looking through holes cut in the side of the model, might see the miniature landscape as it would appear from the windows of the house for which it was designed. Here Maurice Thiem (left) and Dale Starbuck, Jr., take a look through the miniature windows.
Brooks Hall served as North Carolina State University's first official library, from its construction in 1926, until D. H. Hill was built in 1953. After the library moved, Brooks Hall became the home of the School of Design, where it still resides today. Brooks Hall is named for Eugene Clyde Brooks (1871-1947), who served as the University's president from 1923 until 1935.