- N. C. State football player Bert Wilder
Universities and colleges
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- On the back of the photograph: "Bert Wilder -- Tackle -- All-Atlantic Coast Conference . A 6-3, 227 pound senior from Greensboro, Wilder led all linemen in voting for the all-ACC teams. He was named National Lineman of the Week by The Associated Press for his spirited performance against Duke on Oct. 26 as the 'Pack downed the Blue Devils, 21-7."
North Carolina State University -- Football
more info on North Carolina State University -- Football
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Football. Players, Q-Z (UA023.004.043) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- 1 East Edenton Street
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The structure is one of North Carolina's finest and best preserved Greek Revival public buildings. A sequence of architects were involved in the project. Nichols functioned only in the capacity of architect on this project In 1970, a marble replica of the Canova Washington was added. The building was restored to its orginal paint colors and granitizing in the 1990s.
- Historical note:
- The capitol grounds contain several memorials to wars and political figures erected through twentieth century. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, as a North Carolina Historic Site, and as a National Historical Landmark.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.781257, -78.63894