- Free Expression Tunnel, fisheye lens view
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- The Free Expression Tunnel first opened in 1939 as a pedestrian tunnel under the railroad tracks connecting North Campus to Central Campus. In the 1960s, the University promoted it as a place for students to graffiti without interference in an effort to cut down on illegal graffiti around campus.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Facilities more info on North Carolina State University -- Facilities
North Carolina State University -- Social aspects more info on North Carolina State University -- Social aspects
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Free Expression Tunnel (UA023.005.033) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).