- Berry Residence Hall, front view
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Berry Residence Hall is named for Leslie Graham Berry (1878-1931). A graduate of the civil engineering program, Berry founded the Southern Engineering Company and designed the first wind tunnel at Langley Field in 1930, which was large enough to test full-sized planes of the era. He also patented the “Berry Method” of reinforcing concrete for construction of buildings. The building was built in 1939.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Facilities, A-B (UA023.005.010) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).