- Community cannery, Proximity Cotton Mills, Greensboro, N.C.
Community and Extension
Canning and preserving
Depressions -- 1929 -- North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Community cannery, Proximity Cotton Mills, Greensboro, N.C. In this building fruits and vegetables raised by the inhabitants of the mill villages are canned and dried with the expert assistance and supervision of the Welfare Department maintained by the mills.
North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service
more info on North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service
Proximity Manufacturing Company more info on Proximity Manufacturing Company
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
Green 'N' Growing
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Home Demonstration clubs. Facilities (UA023.009.023) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.