- W. C. Riddick poses with with surveying instrument used in the late 1830s to survey the right-of-way for the Raleigh and Gaston Railroad.
Surveying -- Instruments
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 10 x 8 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Wallace Carl Riddick, former president of North Carolina State College and its first dean of the School of Engineering, took his first surveying lesson on this instrument in 1883 and later used it for his first surveying job. The instrument was formerly owned by Professor Luther Rice Mills of Wake Forest College and donated to State College by his sons.
Riddick, W. C. (Wallace Carl), 1864-1942
more info on Riddick, W. C. (Wallace Carl), 1864-1942
North Carolina State University -- Administration more info on North Carolina State University -- Administration
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- People. Administrators, faculty, and staff, R (UA023.024.029) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).